Do I play this game as a girl because I like my gender represented in video games or do I play as a guy because I also want to marry a girl in-game?
Your natural hair and your soft skin, and your big ass in that sundress.. ooh!
— Poetic Justice, Drake.
Things I’ve Learned from Cartoons
- People’s feelings and their actions may not always match up. (Helga)
- People from all walks of life can come together. (The Boarding House)
- Enjoying your body is about finding a place where you feel comfortable, not what others tell you it should look like. (Harold).
- Kindness will take you very far, especially when you do not expect anything in return. (Arnold)
- Everyone has a backstory. Sadness can come from unexpected places.
Avatar: the Last Airbender
- What your family wants for you and what you want for yourself may clash. Follow your heart, even if it’s not the path laid out for you. (Zuko, Toph)
- Expectations for you may be great, it is okay to fail but do not run from responsibility. (Aang)
- Do not let your rage get the best of you. Do not lose yourself in your emotions. (Katara)
- It’s okay to enjoy things that no one would expect from you. It’s also okay to enjoy things that you’re not the best at. (Squid)
- It’s not okay to be rude to others who are not as good as you at something. And those people will probably best you in other areas. (Otto)
- Stand up for the things you believe in, even if people close to you do not understand. (Reggie)
- There are some people you cannot save, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat them with respect. (Ice King)
- Sometimes the image people give off of themselves is not who they really are. Do not make judgements off of face value. (Marceline)
- Participate regularly in the things you enjoy, even if others do not like your hobbies. (Princess Bubblegum)
- Very few things are black and white. (Finn)